29 December 2020

Books I Read in 2020

I could read only 12 books this year — that’s my lowest count since 2013. It’s really a shame as per my standards. But 2020 was a fucked up year, alright; due to pandemic, of course, but also because of some very personal reasons, and I had lost my concentration completely in the last quarter. I’m still struggling to stay sane. Meanwhile, I bought four new books: Munshi Premchand’s Vardaan, Kaayakalp, Prema, and Tagore’s Gora. I had read Vardaan and Kaayakalp when I was in high school and I felt like reading both of them again.

I also got Matt Haig’s The Midnight Library and Amish Tripathi’s Legend of Suheldev: King Who Saved India as a gift from my dear friend. She had also sent me all the works of Haruki Murakami in PDF. So, I will have lots of stuff to keep me busy in 2021. I can’t wait to read the third and final part of Surender Mohan Pathak’s autobiography Nindak Niyare Rakhiye, as well. Hopefully, 2021 will be better.

So, following are the twelve books I have read this year:

1. Dance Dance Dance (Haruki Murakami)

2. Dus Minute (Surender Mohan Pathak)

3. Aakhri Shikaar (Surender Mohan Pathak)

4. Paap Ki Nagri (Surender Mohan Pathak)

5. Killing Commendatore (Haruki Murakami)

6. The Substance and the Shadow (Dilip Kumar, Udayatara Nayar)

7. The Day I Stopped Drinking Milk (Sudha Murty)

8. Hear the Wind Sing (Haruki Murakami)

9. Dopehri (Pankaj Kapur)

10. Bolna Hi Hai (Ravish Kumar)

11. Kaala Naag (Surender Mohan Pathak)

12. Our Moon Has Blood Clots (Rahul Pandita)


PS: I also read some short stories:

1. Chief Ki Daawat (Bhisham Sahni)

2. Traas (Bhisham Sahni)

3. O Haraamzade (Bhisham Sahni)

4. Amritsar Aa Gaya Hai (Bhisham Sahni)

5. Nasha (Premchand)

6.  Deputy Collectory (Amarkant)


Other Posts:

Books I read in 

201920182017201620152014.





No comments:

Post a Comment