10 December 2016

Cinema

Cinema means much more to me than it does to people I know. I live, eat, drink, breathe cinema.

I’m the sort of guy who will forgo a meal to watch a movie. In the past few years, I have spent a good portion of my time and money, gave up on my sleep and social obligations, and tried to satisfy my hunger for movies in every possible way.

Still, the more films I watch, the more I get the feeling that I have very limited understanding of cinema. I need to see much more. Even after watching more than three thousand movies, so far, I don't think my hunger is gonna be satisfied ever. I'm yet to explore a lot of great cinema. Call me mad, crazy or whatever, but sometimes I think, I should take a break from everything – for at least a year – and watch only films. And it doesn't really sound bad, as I'm free of responsibilities - now as well as in near future. And the interesting thing is: nobody, in my real life, knows my love for cinema; not even my family. Cinema is still a big taboo in my family. Over the years I’ve realised that your family and friends will never understand your craziness about movies. You can’t convince them. You shouldn’t even try. People think that there’s nothing that can be gained from Cinema. That’s why I love Twitter. I met some of the craziest cinephiles, there only.

Someday, someone will understand my madness. (In real life.) Hopefully, someday, I’ll do something related to it, as well. So far, I just could not figure out what I would really do, but there’s something else that is yet to come in my life; don’t know what, but I know I’m made for something else.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment